Color Negative Film Processing & Scanning Services
Boutique Film Lab provides high-quality C-41 color film processing services at an affordable cost. We offer an intimate lab experience where we will not only process and scan your film, we will also work with you to build your skills as a film photographer.
While other retailers will just process your film through a machine, we take a much more detailed approach to make sure that your images turn out perfectly. Carefully inspecting your film and correcting color, density, and contrast allows us to deliver a high-quality product to you at the end of our service.
C-41 Premium Scans and C-41 Basic Scans: Which is best for me?
C-41 Premium Scans –
Premium scans are great for customers who want:
- In-scanner adjustments AND post-processing corrections (final color, density, and contrast edits)
- Fully edited images delivered that are ready for you or your client
- Custom color profiles (good if you have a brand and want consistent coloring that matches your style)
C-41 Basic Scans –
Basic scans are great for customers who want:
- In-scanner adjustments only (additional post-processing corrections will only be made if absolutely needed to achieve finished product)
- Full control of the editing process (good for photographers who like to edit their own photos)
Additional C-41 Processing Details:
- We develop C-41 film using Kodak Flexicolor chemistry. This developer is a long-time standard for processing Kodak color negative films in process C-41.
- For under or overexposed film, we offer push or pull services at no extra charge for C-41 film processing.
- We scan on the Fuji Frontier SP3000 and the Noritsu HS-1800. The Frontier offers highly sought after skin tones and gives an overall pleasing color palette. The Noritsu offers highlight retention and can create ultra-high resolution files for very large prints. Both produce very high-quality results.
C-41 Film Sizes:
- 35mm panoramic
C-41 Scan Sizes:
- Normal (8”)
- Large (12”)
- X-Large (16”)
- Process & Premium Scan
- Process & Basic Scan
- Scan-Only (Already Developed)